Thursday, December 11, 2014

First Impression: NARS Matte Velvet Lip Pencil

nars 1 nars 2 This weekend I went into Sephora and picked up two of the Nars Matte Velvet Lip Pencils. I had (kind of) decided I was not going to buy any more makeup before I go home. Makeup addict + moving with limited amount of suitcase space, turns out it is not the best combination. But, it's Nars, so somehow I justified it. I have a habit of doing that. Anyway, packing problems later, now on to the fun stuff...

After long consideration (thank you, lovely girl in Sephora for not getting sick of me) I finally decided on Red Square and Mysterious Red. The first one being the first ever I heard of from the series when it first launched, I cannot tell you how many times I have read or seen it on Hello October and craved it. It was love at first sight.

I have worn both, and love them both equally. Red Square is the more orangey-red of them and, for me, more appropriate for day wear (I'm still getting used to a bold lip, and orange somehow seems less scary). But Mysterious Red is beautiful and I got so many compliments when I wore it at a party.

The lasting power is very good. It lasted all night at a party and all day during office hours (food and drink included, no touch ups). I hate being nervous and constantly being worried about smudged lipstick or lipstick on my teeth, but I did not feel the need to think about it with these lip pencils. It is a matte, red lipstick so naturally it is drying, but it's not as drying as some other products. I could easily get through a full day without feeling like my lips are falling apart.

It's a love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment